23 July 2008

A very special Birthday Shout-out, and antibotics for my scarf syndrome


(note: this is an ORIGINAL painting from the black apple.
do NOT steal it. I don't think I'm stealing it because I am saying where it came from. Everyone should visit her shop and order something because she is very talented. If I had cash, I would.)

That girl looks like my friend, Allison Marie, who is turning 22 today!! Except AM is much prettier and looks like Jessica Simpson!!! I hope she has a great day today, she is very pinkmarshmallow! Happy Birthday Allison Marie!! The little collage I made here reminds me of her!

Well, I had a very important meeting today, and yesterday I spent half the day in my pajamas and the other half on the beach (how difficult my life has become!), so the scarf syndrome has briefly been relieved by the antibiotic of wearing a white floppy hat at the beach for a change and not wanting to look like a freak for my special meeting (I have found that under certain circumstances, like where I am and how I am manifesting traces of my syndrome outwardly in the style of my scarf generates peculiar looks in public, eg: restaurants, movie theaters, Best Buy, etc). So for my important afternoon, I spent all last night trying to "tone" down the fashion craziness that erupts from me and my wardrobe. I wanted to look stylish and a bit quirky. NOT contrived. I came up with some fantastic outfits, yet these weren't appropriate for my specific event. Thus, I settled on this outfit, which, judging from the positive results of my afternoon meeting, was a success!!! I think blue and black is an interesting combo that one should not be fearful of if worn correctly. My general rule of thumb is, if you find yourself intentionally /desperately substituting a navy piece into an otherwise all-black ensemble, don't do it. You could run the rise of looking "bruised business". Anyways, This is what makes my outfit "quirky", along with the three tiered ruffle skirt and the blue vintage purse, which had a black faux-alligator strip across it. The purse has like little cute swirly things, but one had fallen off and I hot-glued it back on, the other was just missing so I glued a plastic elephant in its place, but that fell off too at some point this afternoon. Its always good to "pep" something up, or make a necessary addition. My mom needed to sew a little snap between the buttons on my blouse to save me from the "gap gasp" that I experience thanks to my blessed build. So these little "extras" payed off for something important, and so did toning down my look a bit for the circumstances.
Photobucket

Blouse: Old Navy, 2-3 yrs ago
Skirt: H&M, unknown time
shoes: Nine West
necklace: Mom's
Bag: vintage gift from Betsy!


Photobucket
Ugh, I am so SHINY!



Photobucket


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MJ- I love the business attire look! You rocked that out-Runway on tonight- ta ta- Lilia