05 July 2008

American Pastimes

Honestly, certain holidays are just great, especially when a designated color scheme is involved. Although I would not chose a red, white, and blue ensemble on any random day, I do feel that the outfit sans blazer is rather cute and adaptable to everyday wear. The weather was gloomy and muggy at times yet slightly chilly. Billy and I went to the mall in the morning and I was delighted to find that H&M is having a sale, and I found a retro mickey mouse print zip-up jacket to jazz things up for just $10! Also, some pink fake wayfayers that I have been looking for, because I feel the lenses on the real pink ones aren't dark enough. For lunch, Billy and I had Chinese and I people-watched the hipsters on the streets. At night we went to a minor league ball game and saw some terrific fireworks! How was your holiday? Did you wear a patriotic ensemble?!























Jacket: Nic & Mo, Nordstrom (Its made of a sweatshirt material!)

Top: Tildon, Nordstrom

Skirt: Heritage 1981 ($5.99!)

Shoes: Forever 21











Billy was patriotic too, but we need to work on his style. Not yet Marshmallow Homme.










No comments: