16 July 2008

Scarf Syndrome!

Well I'm back! And I had a swell time! The only angering aspect was that I had a stupid damn human biology test and had to study so I couldn't do my little "style" thing...These past two days, I have been integrating scarves in my wardrobe. The trendy, "hipster" look is to wear the scarf around the neck...like a golden retriever. I have done that many times myself, but I believe that the scarf as head-wear demands styling attention as it is often time dismissed or deemed either "too outrageous"(see Day 2) or "too casual"(see beach post!). Well, I am trying to prove these ideas incorrect. I am starting a ten-day "Scarf Scandal" during which I will wear head scarves in various ways, showing how they are easily integrated into everyday or special outfits. At the end, I think I'll do a little tutorial about headscarf tying. For instance, in the first look I just knotted a square scarf at the nape of my neck, and since the ends were so long, I kinda twisted them at tied them at the top of my head. In the second look, I used a long rectangular scarf which I folded and wrapped around my head, tying it into a voluminous bow at the side. (bows are in, have you noticed?) Rule of thumb: A Scarf can be printed on any fabric, but IS NEVER a paisley-bandanna print. Those aren't chic and should be reserved for the barn.



Scarf Scandal Day One
Photobucket


Photobucket
Scarf: Old
Bag: Skunk Funk from Betsy
Shoes: F21
Velvet Underground Tee (Snipped by me): Virgin Record Store
Romper: aa
Locket: Ocean Lockets by Hannah Claire Wood

Day Two Of Scarf Scandal

Photobucket
Red "blood Cell" scarf: Mom's
Belt:Pac Sun, ages ago when I was a skater
Sunglasses: random
bag: on sale at UO around two years ago
Wedges: Bp, Nordstrom
Dress: Heritage 1981







fashion inspiration for "bow scarf":
vitamininmotion


Why not join me in my ten-day scarf scandal? What kinda looks can you come up with?

2 comments:

Laalie Pink said...

what about doorags??? LOL

MJ said...

Oh, Those are acceptable on the condition that they be layered over tight rows. Oh and I need to phone you dear, it is pressing concerning your mailing address which I had once but have misplaced...