08 July 2008

Bike path Badass

Hello, the other day just wasn't a beach day, so Lila and I decided to try this new wooded bike path that just opened this past spring. Picturing myself coasting along, I figured I'd wear a unworn f21 knock off Marc Jacobs tank and some brown plaid shorts for a '70's, Now and Then inspired look. The beginning was ok, but my ten speed '90's dude mountain bike was set too low to the ground. I occasionally ride it to campus when the weather is nice and I'm wearing pants (rare). We saw a little baby chipmunk who reminded me of my baby nephew O. Soon, the pleasant ride ended when I realized my sister was a maniac. I could barely keep up. I was like an orange creamsicle melting away in the muggy air. What I had imagined to be a retro, stylish romp in the woods with my glamorous sister , enjoying the scenery had turned me into a sweating monster unable to keep up. I should have know I wore the wrong thing when she showed up at my house that morning in a beater from old navy that everyone wears to work out and some athletic shorts. She wasn't wearing makeup either. Oh and she is yoga-toned and a diligent gym lady. The signs were all there. She barely worked up a sweat, yet I was dying, a pathetic pool of orange sherbert peddling furiously. Lesson learned. Lila is a bike path badass. At least I looked good in the parking lot...










top: f21
shorts: Necessary Objects at Nordstrom
shoes:Keds



I kind of like these pseudo vintage bikes, but I'm sure they aren't "hardcore" enough for biking with Lila.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you look so '70s here, its adorable! I like the brown with the orange!