18 July 2008

Heat: Scarf Syndrome, Days 4 and 5




It is terribly hot here. I think I may cook my internal organs by exposing myself to non-AC air. However, I think it is the perfect time for Scarf Syndrome, since I have felt cooler by wearing them on my head!!! Today's Look is quasi-inspired by Grey Gardens. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but Lilia and I have adored Edie, the documentary, and her style of dress long before right now, where BUST magazine and others have spreads. It's all because Drew Barrymore (whose voice is too clogged to be her, anyway!) is starring in an HBO movie based on the Mayles Brothers' movie. I was going to do a fall post accurately inspired by the documentary which I have been repeatedly studying for SEVERAL YEARS, but for right now, today I am dressed in an outfit I imagine her wearing when it's summer and really hot in the Hamptons...Photobucket
Day 5!
Scarf: H&M
Shoes(above): Minnetonka
Shoes(below): Blowfish
Skirt (worn as dress): Wet Seal
Belt: Taken from Dad
Necklace: Clover Designs
Bracelet: Customized from local arts fair
Pin (on scarf, a la Edie Beale!): Mom's from '60s
Bag: From Egypt from Betsy and Chuck.
Tanline: the beach!

Photobucket





Day 4!
Photobucket

Scarf: random in house, tied '50s retro style to compliment my high ponytail
Top: A Betsy-hand me down
Pants: From Billy's mom from her trip to Paris!!
Bag: Skunkfunk from Betsy
Shoes: Nine West
bracelet: Grandma's

I love these airy white pants!! I wish I didn't get so tanned, but at the very least, it compliments all the white I've been wearing. I wore this shopping/on errands with Billy yesterday, but when I got home, before class, I nixed the pants, it's just too damn hot!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MJ- I plan on invoking scarf scandal tomorrow at the beach avec a chic straw wide brimmed hat and large chanel shades--since I am apparantly being stalked by the sea,I need to be incognito, n'est ce pas? Love the new pictures! Ashely Paige did not disappoint--heard mama mia is fantastically bad, but we shall see. The 'somnia is at it again. L