18 August 2008

The World Is A Vampire...

As of late, I have become addicted to the Twilight series, meant for teens, but as good a replacement as I could have ever hoped! I finished the second book today (it only takes like a day to read them, but I've been so busy having fun lately!), and concluded that I liked the first book better! I am waiting for the others to arrive on order at the library. The vampire love-interest, Edward, and the rest of his family (of vampires) are impeccably dressed and devastatingly beautiful! I imagine them to look like models on a runway, maybe YSL fall? I have already planned some Twilight-esque outfits and it isn't even fall yet, nor has the movie been released! I made these CandyDolls inspired by the human and inhuman lovers....(joined by Jacob as well...)

Meet Bella Swan and Edward Cullen...





















































































I also made a collage inspired a bit by them too, so that if anyone feels ashamed to read a book meant for someone half your reading age, at least, can see that the whole feel of the series is eerie, yet intriguing...(I have always been a "sucker" for vampires....)





The little picture on the right is of the two people playing Bella and Edward in the film due out this fall. Next to that is a box of skin whitener, since Bella's face is pretty pale,but she's nothing compared to the vampires...I have always wanted porcelain skin myself....

Here's what I wore on Sunday to gallivant around the city before heading to MA to see Gaslight...
I wore this to the show, too, just sans neckscarf, big bag, and socks. During the day, I tried a delicious Pink Berry knock-off, went to a store that only sells tights and socks, where I began collecting navys, grays, and a lovely ocher color in stockings for fall, along with some delicate floral knee socks to successfully introduce the fauna trend to fall...I also shopped in a lovely store where you can purchase vintage trims, buttons, lace, ribbons and other notions. Here I bought a bag filled with an assortment of vintage earrings! And at the show, I got a Gaslight shirt with bowling pins across it!

As if my lack of inspiration wasn't enough to clue you in, gentle reader, I am in a bit of a pre-fall rut stylewise. I wish I could look as casually Indian-summer as a Free People model, but lately, things haven't been falling into place. It's a bit frustrating...but all my flops and rare finesses respectively will be documented here...

Photobucket

Top: Anne Taylor Loft (Uggh, I know! But it's a basic...)
Scarf: Mom's(Reminded me of blood cells...)
Skirt: Free People
Shoes: F21
Socks: unknown, but they've got a hole...
Bag: Gryson for Target
Sunnies: F21

Photobucket