01 August 2008

Nobody On the Road, Nobody On the Beach, I feel it in the Air, Summer's out of Reach...

Today I begin my new job! I have spent the day reading, listening to Joy Division and Interpol, and in my PJs. Yesterday was spent doing the same, except in the evening, Lilia and I headed to the public library! She copied me and took out Persepolis, the graphic novel that inspired the Oscar nominated film! She had like 12 books! She also took out a great flapper book with fashion inspirations. I was so excited to get a new library card! For fifty cents, I bought a blue book tote bag that reads, "Nourish Your Mind at Your Public Library", which I think is retro and fun!

books I took out ( I did not get greedy...):

1. Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner
2. Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
3. Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh( so I will have read the book before viewing the film)
4. Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer

I will be posting pictures either tomorrow or tonight of what I'm wearing to work. I am still in my PJs, sitting in the AC, debating between two dresses. I am not sure whether I can expose arms or tattoos, so until I find out, I'll be wearing a sweater...Wednesday my father and I visited My sister and my three cherubic, doll-like nephews ( My mom is visiting my other cherubic nephew in the windy city right now!), so I needed to be comfortable and cool. I'm really into belts right now, I have been raiding my Mom's collection lately. I think accent belts, skinny and thick, will be HUGE this fall...
Photobucket

Top: X-men/Marvel Comics, Little Boys' Department at Nordstrom
Skirt: Urban O.
Belt: Mom's
Bag: Billabong!
Necklace: Ocean Lockets by Hannah Wood
Bracelet: f21
Sunnies: f21
Shoes:f21

Photobucket

P.S.: Been obsessed with these "milkmaid braids!" My hair is too short to wind around my head authentically, by I've been rocking this version a lot, with the extra hair in a messy ponytail to keep cool. Check out Who What Wear's tutorial for the how-to! Can't wait 'till my hair is long enough for the first one!!!

No comments: