08 August 2008

I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear....


I like nearly all the same '80s bands as all three of my elder sisters, who were once authentic fans. I do not like Duran Duran, however, and I believe no one really liked Joy Division, since their existence as a band ended in '80 with Curtis' death, my sisters were too young and perhaps too in to the go-gos, but they like New Order. Anyways, I have had this Smith's shirt that I found in Betsey's trunk in the cellar and deemed it instantly cool/punk rock, even before I played old Smiths records for myself on our (now broken) player. The shirt just looked badass. And once I realized I loved Morissey, I felt I had enough cred to wear it to high school. Lots of kids wondered if I was a vegetarian based on the "Meat is Murder" slogan. But the shirt was worn and soft like a good authentic vintage band tee should be. Too bad I turned my nose up at many other cool Billy Bragg, Pixies, and Echo & the Bunneyman tees. Anyways, I built a little getup yesterday around The Smiths tee, and I thought I looked cute when Billy scooped me up and took me to dinner at the heavily hipster Julian's. I also tried an Orlando Pita-styled for Derek Lam FW RTW 2008 runway hairstyle that looked good for 10 minutes, then fell out and I resorted to a normal ponytail...

Backstage @ Derek Lam


Photobucket

Backyard @ MJ: my version


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

The Smith's: Vintage
Skirt: Heritage 1981
Flats: Charlotte Russe
Sunnies: f21
Bag: Gryson for Target


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I feel as though I should be working at some cool record shop...like the one Molly Ringwald works at with Annie Potts in Pretty in Pink!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that skirt is too cute. do they still have it at heritage?

Anonymous said...

im the one that posted anonymous just letting you kow where you can answer my question. thank you