09 August 2008

Pest in the Parlour: Fall Florals

I often wonder how often Betsy and Lila visit my blog to discover a cast-off clothing article resurrected in some strange form on my body, and in such instance, whether they are shocked or pleased. Today's post will be such an instance for Lila. Yesterday my mother and I completed hemming the sporty floral dress, which I will wear into Sept./Oct. as it is long-sleeved with tights, brown perhaps. Harper's Bazaar Fall/Winter Runway Report advises the inclusion of a "moody" floral print into one's look this coming season. I like the idea of "moody" florals. It poured rain yesterday and I worked at my chic little shop, so I felt I should immediately wear the dress that we altered that very day. It was initially down to my ankles, and I looked like one of those hard-core Mormon cult women, so my terrific mother brought it to more flirty lengths! It has the ability, if incorrectly styled, of looking very "Hanna Anderson- Mother-Daughter", but it looked great with the Frye boots! I received more compliments on my D.I.Y. feather hair clip at work, which was nice, but a bit disappointing! I work again tonight, and am then being swept up by Lila to see the Traveling pants, hopefully. I wonder---many young girls come in to work in groups to try on some of our excellent gentle-used designer jeans---should I suggest they all try on the same pair to see if they magically fit?!
Anyway, here I am being a "pest" in the parlor before work yesterday. I realized my poses my have become a bit redundant, so I tried to change things up just a tad...let me know what you think...


Photobucket

Photobucket
ooohh my nose!

Dress: Lila's old Adrienne Vittadini, altered
Boots: Frye
Feather: Made by my crafty fingers
Bag: Vintage, found in the Village

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the feather!!!

Beth Kirby | {local milk} said...

That last picture is am-am-amazing. I need more feathered hair pieces in my life... so many more.