27 June 2008

Vintage Yellow Laura Ashley Dress, revisited!

Circa my first Communion,
1994?, with three older sisters, Li the one on the right is wearing the yellow Laura Ashley dress rejuvenated for this post. Over the course of this blog, I will be selecting simple old castoffs to revive, some of my own, some of those women pictured above.
I belted the dress with a gray pleather bow belt from Nordstrom, Brass Plum and wore pearl accessories.

It looked good with a simple white feather hair piece which I crafted myself. Sunglasses, Nordstrom, bracelet, Forever 21, leather ring with peace sign, vintage.

Shoes, EIGHTEEN DOLLARS at forever 21, they are just perfect dainty little t-straps, they remind me of Chloe and I love them.
Being a freak and showing off my rings, left finger, portrait ring, forever 21, right finger, leather ring, vintage.
Gray sweater, H&M

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MJ you are too much! I especially enjoy how you complement your own ensembles! My vintage college graduation Laura Ashley dress does suit you. I need a stylist! Please help. Lila

Anonymous said...

. . .oh and you made us look like "The Others" ...

MJ said...

Oh Lila, I believe you meant "The Strangers"! But that is my mascot of the blog, if you will, and it will be used to shield the faces of loved ones from the glaring public eye of the inter-webbers. Ciao, MJ

P.S., I am your stylist, remember dear? I even clean your closets and do a little laundry on the side. I spend the fruits of my labor at either Forever 21 or Marshalls